Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 29!

Baby's Size:  The baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds – like a butternut squash - and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, I’ll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I have to be sure to drink my milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in the baby's hardening skeleton each day. 


 My Weight: This past Wednesday I had a checkup and was weighed.  I had gained 3.6 lbs since my June 29th visit.  So 1 lb per week…doesn’t seem too horrible!
Maternity Clothes: I found a cute shirt at Kohl’s that I have wanted for awhile…it originally was $40 but I bought it on clearance for $14!  Movement: She seems to be working out in my tummy.  I would love to know what she is doing in there!  There are times when she is very quiet and other times where it is crazy.  Sleep: I seem to be heading to bed earlier and earlier each night.  I made it until 10:30 on Saturday night and that seemed crazy to me!  It might have been that nap that I took earlier in the day! 
What I miss: I’m not missing a whole lot this week….just the same old stuff. 

Best Moment this week: The best moment this week had to be when we heard that the cysts on the baby’s brain were completely gone!!  It was a huge relief to hear and made us so happy.  I hadn’t been thinking about the cysts, but when they told us they were gone a huge weight felt like it was lifted.
Looking forward to:  Heading to NY!  We are leaving for our trip on Thursday and have to head back Monday, but we’ve managed to plan quite a few things in that time period.  I can’t wait for the baby shower on Sunday that Justin’s mom and her best friend Debbie are throwing me!!
I also set a date for our 3D/4D ultrasound and can’t wait to see what that looks like!  The appointment isn’t until August 13th, but time seems to be flying by!

Cravings:  NONE!  I really feel super boring because I don’t have any!  It’s probably for the best since it would just mean one more task for Justin!

Symptoms: I had a list of aches & pains for the doctor and all are normal regarding pregnancy.  Apparently if my appendix was going to rupture it would have happened already.  It is just a pain that will be there until after the baby is born.  Carpal Tunnel syndrome is normal for a pregnant woman and she thinks that is what may be causing my hands & fingers to go numb.  Awesome!  Leg cramps = normal.  The doctor said feeling like an 80 year old woman is completely normal!  Good times!Pictures: So at this point, you can probably tell that I have given up on wearing the same clothes every week.  I am just too lazy to change into them when it is picture time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment