Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 30!

Baby's Size:  The baby is about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds – like a head of cabbage. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
My Weight: I have an appointment on Friday August 5th, so we will see how much I have grown in only 2 short weeks.  I am not optimistic because we were in NY this past weekend and I ate massive amounts of yummy pizza!!!
Maternity Clothes: No new clothes…the only thing I am looking for now is a comfy hospital outfit because I can’t imagine I need any more maternity clothes at this point! 
Movement: Lots & Lots of movement!  I can’t wait to catch some of the movement on the Flip Cam we received as a shower gift!
Sleep: This past week has been kind of rough.  I am use to falling asleep quickly and staying asleep for long periods of time.  I have been struggling to stay asleep through the nights because of bathroom breaks or my mind thinking of a zillion things!  Also, when I try and move to a different position it feels like my body is going to break!  It just hurts to move once I have been in one position a little too long.    
What I miss: I’m not missing a whole lot this week….just the same old stuff.  Best Moment this week: The NY Baby Shower!!  I had such a great time at the shower and received soo many wonderful things for Baby C!  Justin’s mom, her friend Debbie & Nana did a phenomenal job with all the planning, decorating, ordering, etc.  It couldn’t have been a nicer day!  I am overwhelmed by all of the nice stuff we received…Baby C is clearly already spoiled! 
Looking forward to:  This Saturday because we start Baby Classes!  Justin and I are thinking they aren’t going to be the most fun/informative classes, but we will go and see what they have to offer and at least spend some time together.  I’m also excited to do laundry…sounds weird, but I want to wash all of the baby clothes we received at the shower and put everything away.  I also can’t wait to get the bedding out and set that up!  It sounds like this weekend may be a little busy!
Cavings:  I still haven’t had any real cravings, but I did soak my mac & cheese with soy sauce this week.  It sounds weird, but it was really yummy!
Symptoms: Still the same symptoms…but nothing out of the ordinary for a pregnant woman.
Pictures: Below are a few pictures from the shower this weekend…Enjoy!


The BEAUTIFUL cake & Invitation


My sister Amanda & I...she was a HUGE help!

Adam, Gannon, Justin & I
Shelly, Amanda & I...both sisters were great little helpers, I think I'll keep them around!


No comments:

Post a Comment