Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week 26!

Baby's Size:  The network of nerves in the baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both my voice and Justin’s as we chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches – an English hothouse cucumber- from head to heel.
My Weight: My June 29th appointment went well and I have gained 9 lbs in just a month, leaving my grand total at 13 lbs!  I guess I was bound to gain some weight, but it seemed like a large jump!
Maternity Clothes: I bought a cute tank top to wear to a 4th of July party.  Still holding strong with just 2 pairs of shorts and some dresses!
Movement: The last few days she seems to have stepped it up a notch.  She doesn’t seem to enjoy certain positions when I am lying down and will move around like crazy until I re-position myself.  Justin has been able to feel lots of kicks lately as well!
Sleep: Falling asleep seems to be the only difficult part.  Once I am asleep, I am pretty much out for the night.  Between my rib ache and back ache, I have to be very careful how I lay down; otherwise I toss & turn for a bit.
What I miss: I’m not really missing anything at the moment.    
Best Moment this week: There were soo many because we got to have lots of fun with friends!!
Looking forward to: Getting the house back in order and figuring out some nursery stuff.  We will be heading to NY at the end of July, but that still seems far away.  I am sure time will fly by though!
Cravings:  I got to eat my NY corn on the cob!  It was a yummy treat!  No unusual cravings at the moment though.
Symptoms: Same old, same old!  Lots of midnight leg cramps! 
Pictures: I had Adam take this picture before we went out to dinner.  He isn’t the photographer that Justin is, but he got the job done!!


No comments:

Post a Comment