Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Appointment Info!

We had a very long appointment scheduled for today.  First, I had to drink a nasty fruity drink so they could check my glucose levels.  Once the drink had been in my system for one hour, they drew blood to send off to the lab.  We should know in 2 -3 days if it comes back negative/positive. 
While the drink was settling in my belly, I had to watch a video regarding, "What to do when going into Labor".  It was a video that the doctors at my office put together to answer some basic questions one might have.  They touched briefly on many topics and I left the movie room feeling a little nervous!  It was a lot to take in and since I am getting closer & closer to the due date, it made my mind wander thinking about all different types of scenarios I could go through. 
Justin & I then went in for an ultrasound.  We thought we'd be getting lots more photos, but she left us with one measly photo!  I guess the point of the ultrasound was to see if my placenta had moved up...it did!  Before, it had been sitting low, but now it is where it is supposed to be. 

Hey Baby Girl!
 We then waited to visit with the doctor.  She came in and I had a few questions about my achy body.  My numb hands, pelvic pressure and achy rib all seem to be par for the course.  I was 99% sure my achy rib meant my appendix was going to burst, but she said because I had been experiencing the pain for so long, the odds were it wasn't going to happen.  Good to know, especially since we are driving to NY next week and I was tempted to map out all hospitals along our route.  It sounds foolish, but what are you gonna do!?
Originally we were supposed to head back to the Duke specialty doctor's office so they could checkup on the babies choroid plexus issue.  After chatting with our doctor, she decided they could check it for us right then and there.  We are pleased to say, the choroid plexus dots that were spotted in her brain are completely gone!! Yayy!!  So, although it was a loooong appointment, I felt really good when leaving the office.
Since I am now in my third trimester, I will start to see the doctor every 2 weeks.  It won't be anything fun, just a basic checkup of the babies heart, my blood pressure & weight, the size of my belly and maybe a few other things thrown in. 
We now just have to schedule our 3D/4D ultrasound to get LOTS of pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment