Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 27!

Baby's Size:  This week, the baby weighs almost 2 pounds – like a head of cauliflower - and is about 14 ½ inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on.

My Weight: I won’t be weighing myself at home…what’s the point!?  We are scheduled for an appointment on July 20th, so we will see at that point how I am tipping the scales!Maternity Clothes: No new maternity clothes, but I will need a new dress or two for the upcoming baby showers we have planned, so shopping or internet searching is on the list.
Movement: She has been moving a lot!  It’s weird to see my stomach moving around… if I stare long enough at my belly, it looks like fireworks could be going off in there!
Sleep: Still having trouble getting into a good sleep position.  I am constantly tired though, so I seem to fall asleep pretty quickly once I get settled. 
What I miss: I miss not complaining about a pregnant ailment!  I feel like I am always saying, my rib hurts or my back hurts and it is getting old for me and I am sure it is getting old for Justin!!  Best Moment this week: I was pretty pumped when my mom came over to help with putting up a new window shade in the nursery and a curtain rod for the curtains she made.  Sadly, J & I aren’t the best at home-improvement projects, so we usually have to ask for help so we don’t screw anything up too much!  Last time I put a curtain rod up myself, he was none to pleased with the result.  Oops!  The nursery is definitely coming along and I can’t wait to get some things up on the walls because it is looking a little bare in that department.Looking forward to:  Next week’s doctor’s appointment!  We will get to see the baby by ultrasound again, so that is always exciting!  We will then get to make an appointment to do 4D ultrasound!  The place we are looking into doing this at is called Triangle Imaging.  They offer a feature called Sonostream LIVE, which allows us to share the entire 3D/4D ultrasound experience live – in real time, privately across the Internet with anyone in the world aka Grandma & Grandpa Crooks!!  I definitely have to call there and figure out when that will work best for everyone.


Cravings:  No real cravings.  I seem to be wanting ice cream a lot lately, which is unusual for me.  I particularly want fruity flavored ice cream – peach & black raspberry are the two favs for the moment.  I do know that my appetite has picked up.  I feel like I could eat and eat and not be full!
Symptoms: Same symptoms: rib pain, back pain and leg cramps, Oh my! 
Pictures: Justin took this picture before we went out to dinner because I knew my stomach would look way bigger after I ate!  Brinkley has apparently felt left out the past few posts because she got in my picture and sat so well…she wasn’t missing out again!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment