Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 14!

So as promised, I had Justin take a pic of the baby bump today. 
I felt so weird taking this pic, but I guess it's something I need to get used to! 
This week's big developments: The baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck it's thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, the facial muscles are getting a workout as it's tiny features form one expression after another. The kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth.  The baby is also stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches, about the size of a lemon, and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.)  Don't get caught up on the whole he/him thing...it's just how the website phrases everything!  We still obviously have no idea of the sex!
Supposedly, the start of the second trimester often means less queasiness and more energy for me.  I am feeling less quesy but am still pretty tired.  It isn't helping that I have problems sleeping soundly through the night.  Alright, I think that's enough for now...in closing, here's a pic of Brinkley in Week 14...it seems only fair that someone else should have their picture taken weekly!

No comments:

Post a Comment