Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Week 24, Baby #2

With all the rapidly developing senses in the baby, she should probably be able to sense what is upside down or right side up.  Her respiratory system is also rapidly growing, lungs are developing in preparation for breathing, moving amniotic fluid in and out of the lungs. For now she still gets oxygen through my placenta.  Her current size is about 12.5 inches (length of corm) and weighs around 1.25 lbs.
I am definitely feeling this pregnancy in my pelvic area and that same old rib spot.  Yesterday I had my monthly checkup and everything looked good.  The baby’s heart rate was around 145 and they said I am measuring slightly large which tends to happen after the first baby.  At my next appointment, they will talk C-section dates.  It seems so crazy to be thinking about that already!  Our house has been crazy the past week with all the rain we got on Saturday (Hurricane Matthew) and the tiny leak in the attic, prepping for Addison’s 5th birthday party and cleaning for when Nonna gets into town.  I can’t believe my little one turns 5 on Saturday!  I can still remember the days leading up to her birth and how nervous and excited I was.  5 years seems like eons ago.  We are all excited for her birthday party on Saturday at Pump-It-Up and her family dinner that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment