Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Monday, October 17, 2016

Addison's 5 Year Well Appointment

My poor kid was put through the ringer today for her 5 year well appointment. 
It started off innocent enough, getting her stats:

Height – 3feet 7 inches (60th percentile)
Weight – 41.5 lbs. (60th percentile)


It then went downhill from there.  She was due for her DTap, IPV (together), MMR, Variella & Flu Shot.  In total, she had four shots administered into her 2 little thighs.  She was so upset before they even came in for the shots and screamed and cried which just broke my heart.  She kept asking me to tell the doctor she didn’t need them and she was already healthy.  Then she just kept saying I’m so tired mom, I want to go home and go to bed.  When the nurse came in she got even worse and eventually I had to hold her down laying on top of her.  Such fun for everyone!  I felt so bad for her and she was completely drained after the whole ordeal.  After the doctor, we went and got frozen yogurt, but the damage was done…she was just a sad little girl and wanted to go home and snuggle.  So, we went home and literally spent the evening cuddled up on the couch.  She complained several times of her legs hurting so we gave her some Tylenol.  She fell asleep pretty good and slept soundly through the night.  So glad shots aren’t a regular occurrence!



No comments:

Post a Comment