Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August - Special Bulletin

I need to backup to the month of May when we received some very exciting news!  On May 20th, I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive!!  I was in shock.  We had been trying for what seemed like forever and we finally got the result we were hoping for!  While we were beyond excited, I was also very scared.  After having a miscarriage in 2013, I feel like this time around, I am walking on pins & needles.  We went about life, not really talking about having a baby, but more like trying to push through and get to that 12 week mark where I'd feel slightly more "safe".  I was sick off & on, but nothing too horrible.  I had a little scare the week before my birthday, so we went in to the doctors office where we saw our babies heart beat for the first time.  I cried before the ultrasound started and proceeded to cry through it!  I was just so nervous and afraid.  We have since been to the doctor's several times and have heard the babies heart beat each time.  Each time it is a huge relief.  I won't lie, I still feel like I am holding my breathe, but I am not as nervous.  We did blood work on July 11th to rule out Downs Syndrome, Trisomy 18 & 13.  It took EXACTLY 15 business days to receive our results, but everything came back within normal limits.  Another box checked off the list to ease my nerves.  Along with these tests results, we learned we are expecting a little GIRL!  We had been so anxious to fill Addy in on the news and we knew it was finally time.  Monday, August 1st we gave Addy a gift.  The gift was a shirt that said "Best Big Sis".  She was slightly confused at first and thought we got the shirt for Brinkley, but Justin explained to her what it meant and the look on her face was priceless.  She was soo happy and excited!  We then let her open up the letter that said if the baby was a boy or girl.  Again, so much excitement from everyone. Addy immediately wanted to feel my stomach, hug & kiss it as well.  I really think she'll be an excellent, helpful, sweet, caring older sister.  We've explained to Addy that there are lots of important things to get through before the baby comes, such as, her birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I think she gets it for the most part, but the child asks 1,000 questions a day!








No comments:

Post a Comment