Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Texas Trip

Right at the beginning of May, my mom, sister Michelle, Addison & I went to visit my Grandma, Aunt Diane & Uncle Wes in Austin, Texas.  We had made a similar trip a year ago that included my dad & sister Amanda, but we couldn't get all our schedules to match up this year. 



I was worried that Addison might have trouble flying this time around because a) she now had tubes in her ears & b) she can't sit still!  Much to my SURPRISE she was an A++ traveler!  She really was such a great baby on both flights to Texas and both flights home.  On the last leg of our trip, she literally fell asleep on me right before take off and slept until 10 minutes before we landed (2+hour nap).  I was hugely uncomfortable, but she was as cozy as could be.  Several people commented on how great she was on the flight and I was like yeah...she was sleeping people!  


The Texas weather turned cold pretty much the day after we got there, but it was a great trip regardless!  Shelly and Addison were able to enjoy the pool the day we got there, but not at all after!



My aunt found many things that her boys use to play with and brought them out for Addy to use.  She loved the little reclining chair and made it her own very quickly.  She also enjoyed bowls, spoons & Tupperware of all sorts!




We went to dinner one night which was easy to get to because it was right around the corner from the nursing home and in walking distance.  Addison was very well behaved thankfully!

It was so nice being able to visit and see my Grandma...my Grandma watched Addison's every move and found her very amusing.  We tried getting several group photos, but that proved to be incredibly difficult!  




Thankfully everything went really well and Addison was a superstar.  She even got use to airport pizza quickly and downed several slices on the way there and home!


TIME FLIES!!!
2013 Plane Flight

2012 Plane Flight 
2013 Hanging

2012 Hanging

2013 Car Ride

2012 Bumbo Time



1 comment: