Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

19 Months


This month we've really started to notice how grown-up Addison seems.  She seems like such a little girl!  It is a sad/happy thing for me because while I love watching her grow, I still miss the days of having a little baby.  She is into EVERYTHING and loves all things outside. 

Size Stats:  Addy is right around that 25lb mark and I believe it!  There are days where she wants to be held more and my arms sure feel it.  On these days, I try to pass her off to her daddy who is much better at carrying her around.  When we went to Texas, my arms were so sore from carrying her around the airport.  
Development:  We have started to see Addy trying to climb onto the couch…I am very certain she will master this skill soon.  We have to be very careful about getting off the couch/bed/seats.  She just likes to fling her body with utter abandonment and hope she lands smoothly.  Addison is very busy and will rarely sit still for 5 minutes. We had a recheck awhile back with the ENT and her right ear was still giving her a slight problem.  It was still draining, but the doctor assured me this is normal.  10 more days of drops should do the trick, which it did!  Her ears as of Friday May 10th looked beautiful!
Personality:  We are still testing boundaries and ignoring us when we are reprimanding her.  I know she understands me when I say things.  For example, when she is in the bath tub, I’ll ask her to stand up so I can wash her legs & butt.  She’ll gladly stand up; I’ll wash her and then tell her she can sit back down.  BUT when I say OK  please stand up so you can get out of the bath tub, she acts as if I don’t even exist!  She’s very smart this one!  She’s at a point where she wants daddy smothering her with love & affection or him sitting back and not even looking at her.  It’s so weird, she’ll go from daddy, daddy, daddy to no, no, no in the matter of 2 minutes.  Someone please explain the logic here!  Her favorite words have been momma and NO!
Sleeping:  Once again, we were starting in on a good pattern.  I was hoping these 8pm to 6:30am nights lasted for a long time, but they didn't! When we were in Texas visiting my grandmother and aunt, she was all over the board.  She pretty much slept with me in bed, but still was very restless.  I think her teeth are playing a big part in no sleep.  She continues to wake up once a night and freak out.  
Likes: She likes to take our phones and take “selfies”.  She’ll hold the camera up and say cheese! I really think half the stuff she does is to see how everyone around her will react.  She recently discovered the drawer underneath my parent’s washing machine.  Thankfully my parents only have rags stored here because Addison really likes to unload this drawer and drag the rags around.  She does the same thing with my jewelry drawer, my t-shirt drawer and my shorts drawer!  Why can’t she mess with daddy’s drawers…he could care less if his things are in order or not!  Addison & our neighbor Charlotte (or as Addy calls her, Toe-Tie) love playing together.  They are so excited to see one another and play really well together.  Charlotte is about 4 months older then Addison so it’s fun to see what Addy will be “up to” next. We like to play with chalk out front of the house or head to different playgrounds.  Addison loves the slides, but we are trying to teach her to be more careful.  I am hoping that will come with time!  She’ll climb up the jungle gym then walk to the slide and keep trying to walk down it!  She doesn't completely get that she has to sit down and this terrifies me!  Addy loves the sandbox at school and on the different playgrounds we visit, much to her daddy’s dismay!  She loves to get messy and I honestly don’t care because she is usually having fun and I know a bath will fix everything.
Dislikes:  Addison still isn't pumped about getting her diaper changed…some days it’s a hit and some days it’s a miss!  I think she just doesn't like to sit still!  I can’t think of many more dislikes…she pretty much finds enjoyment out of anything!
Pictures:  Here are some of my favorite pictures from this month...
Our smiley girl!

Heading to church with Grandma & Grandpa

Pool time!

This is such a Rosplock face!

Enjoying the nice weather
Picture Day at School

Picture Day at School

No comments:

Post a Comment