Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Strep Throat

Can this poor kid catch a break!?  Addison's canines have been trying to come in for weeks now, which have been bothering her to know end!  Just this past Sunday (May 19th) Addy started acting more clingy then usual.  We had errands in our plans, so we dropped Addy off at my parents house and went on our merry way.  Once we got back to my parents, she was in full-blown mommy mode.  She definitely felt warm, but I thought maybe, just maybe those teeth were going to pop through!  
She went to bed well, but was soon awake around midnight.  She was burning up and was not a happy camper.  I could just tell she wanted to throw up and after hanging out downstairs for a little bit, she got sick to her stomach.  Thankfully it was the only time, but both her & I needed a bath after. I felt so bad for her!  We were still awake around 2:30 am, so I knew she wouldn't be going to daycare on Monday.  I sent a quick email to the director and we finally cuddled up and fell asleep in our bed with daddy & Brinkley.  By the time we woke up on Monday, I had an email back saying another toddler was out due to Strep throat...YUCK.  I decided to make Addy an appointment to get her checked out, just in case.  We really cuddled all day long on Monday until her appointment and well into the evening.  She just wanted to be rocked or held.  I finally gathered her up for her appointment & sure enough, her strep test came back positive.  We got a prescription for Amoxicillin and started in on the dosage.  She was to be on her meds for 24 hours before she should go back to school, so more of the same on Tuesday. By Tuesday afternoon she was looking & feeling a lot better.  She wasn't 100% but she was on her way to recovery.  My poor baby!  I hate it when she is sick!

Monday morning bath to bring that fever down!

Medicine + Chocolate milk = FAIL!

Hanging with Baby

Finally getting a little of her appetite back

Back to her old tricks...trying to stand on her chair!



No comments:

Post a Comment