Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week 38!

Wow, we are getting down to the nitty gritty!  I had a doctor appointment this past Friday and they said they will only let me go 1 week past my due date, so she will be here soon!  I am trying to negotiate being induced at the moment.  Amanda is supposed to be officially moving that weekend (October 15 – 16) and it would really be nice if Baby C & I could accommodate that!  She’s been living in Raleigh for the past month while Ian has started his new job in Charleston…I don’t want her to have to stay here much longer since they have been away from each other for so long already!  The doctor said we would approach that topic if need be, she didn’t seem into my idea, but I’m very persuasive so we will see!

Baby's Size: The baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 ½ inches long – like a leek.  She has a firm grasp, which we’ll soon be able to test when we hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
On a side note, here is some info about eye color: If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
My Weight:  I think I screwed up somewhere, but at my doctor’s appointment on Friday the 22nd, I have to date gained 33lbs!  The doctor said she usually wants a pregnant woman to gain 25 – 35 lbs, but this just seems crazy knowing the baby is only like 9 lbs on the high end!  Oh well, nothing I can do about it now!  My stomach is back to measuring where it should, so no ultrasound scheduled at this point. 
Maternity Clothes:  I haven’t purchased anything new!  I am just stretching my current maternity clothes to the limit!
Movement:  She seems angry and I think she wants OUT!  She sometimes punches or kicks with such force that it hurts…I would really love to know what she is doing in there!
Sleep: My sleeping patterns suck.  I can’t wait until I can get rid of half the pillows I am currently sleeping with!
What I miss: I am currently missing the feeling in my hands.  The carpal tunnel has made it so hard to do normal things like my hair, the dishes or my makeup.  My fingertips are now constantly tingling and it is just so annoying! 
Best Moment this week: Heading to dinner with the hubby!  We went out to dinner on Friday night as a pre-anniversary dinner.  Our 4 year anniversary is right around the corner, October 6th, but who knows what shape I’ll be in!  I wanted to make sure I could take him out one last time as a family of two!
Looking forward to:  My appointment on Friday.  The doctor will do an exam to see whether my cervix has started ripening: softening, effacing (thinning out), and dilating (opening). 
Cravings:  NONE!
Symptoms:  No new symptoms thankfully.  The doctor did say I was pretty swollen in the lower part of my legs and hands regions, but she wasn’t concerned at this point. 
Pictures: If you look close, you can see how swollen my fingers are!

No comments:

Post a Comment