Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week 37!

One more week under my belt!  It seems like the weeks are blending together and at this point basically anything can happen!  We are getting very excited, nervous, anxious, etc.! 

Baby's Size: The baby is now considered "full term," even though my due date is three weeks away. If I go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.
The baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel – like a stalk of Swiss chard. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from ½ inch to 1 ½ inches long. But we shouldn’t be surprised if the baby's hair isn't the same color as mine or Justin’s. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.
My Weight:  I had a doctor’s appointment this past Friday September 16th and had gained about 1 ½ pounds in a week.  At every doctor’s appointment they measure my tummy, from pubic bone to the top of my tummy and this measurement is suppose to match up with the week you are pregnant.  So far, I had been right on track…at 35 weeks my belly was 35 inches.  At Friday’s appointment however, my tummy took a jump and went to about 38 ½ inches and technically I was still on my 36th week.  The doctor said it wasn’t a huge deal, but he wanted to keep an eye on it and see what happens this coming week.  If the size continues to progress, he said he wanted to do an ultrasound to see just how big this baby might be!
Maternity Clothes:  I still haven’t bought any more clothes although I have purchased several nursing tanks & bras.  I am definitely keeping the tags on until I wear them though just in case I hate them!
Movement:  Lots & lots of movement!  She is also starting to wedge body parts up under my rib cage which is sooo comfortable!  It makes eating very difficult…I can’t really lean over my plate because it hurts!  I am already a messy eater, so this really isn’t helping my cause.
Sleep: I now sleep with 8 pillows!  I sleep in an upright position most of the time so that’s where most of the pillows are, but then I need one between my knees and in my arms.  I’m glad there is still room in bed for Justin!
What I miss: I miss not having energy!  The smallest tasks make my heart pound and make it seem like I have run a marathon. 
Best Moment this week: Finishing up the nursery – sort of!  Justin was able to put the 3 shelving units up in the nursery therefore I put some knick-knacks on them and put everything else away!  The nursery looks complete although we need to order a wall decal and put up 2 picture frames.  I can at least say I am happy with the way it looks currently so if by some chance I go into labor before we get the wall decal, I’d be ok with that!
Looking forward to:  I’m just waiting patiently at this point…I keep waking up in the middle of the night thinking it might be the night.  I have no actual symptoms; I just think it could happen!
Cravings:  Boring, boring, boring…no cravings!
Symptoms:  Still the same symptoms.  I’m starting to get use to not having feeling in my fingertips, but it is still annoying!
Pictures: Justin & I have been babysitting Ollie while Amanda & Ian get settled into their new apartment in Charleston.  He doesn’t really get the concept of these so called pictures, but he sure looks cute trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment