Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 36!

To say I am anxious is probably an understatement!  I don’t know if I am completely ready to deliver the baby, but I am ready to not be pregnant anymore.  I am across the board with all types of emotions.  Some moments I feel very ready to have a baby and other moments I’m thinking, “What am I going to do with this baby once she comes out!?”  I am asking that the baby stay put until Justin has at least 2 weeks of his new job under his belt.  I am thinking he has enough to think about right now with that!

Baby's Size: The baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds – like a Crenshaw melon - and is more than 18 ½ inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. The baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium.
At the end of this week, the baby will be considered full-term! (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position (the doctor did verify that she is currently head down!)
My Weight:  On September 8th, last Thursday, I had only gained .6 pounds since my September 2nd appointment.  Not too bad! 
Maternity Clothes:  They are tight and are ready to be retired!
Movement:  Lots of movement!  I feel her low, underneath my belly button, and high, above my belly button…she’s everywhere!
Sleep: Sleep is still fun!  I am sleeping in a more upright position and word on the street is that I am snoring.  Fun for all!   
What I miss: Being able to sleep on my side.  It seems like a simple thing, but when I turn on my side it feels like the weight of the world is on me. 
Best Moment this week: Football starting!  Riiiight.  Well, it was someone’s best moment of the week at least!  We had some friends over for football, pasta and sauce which is always fun.  Our friends Mike & Jessi brought their 3 month old, Molli, over and let’s just say that Justin will have to work a little harder on his indoor voice. 
Looking forward to:  A relaxing weekend.  We still have some odds & ends to finish up, but nothing too horrible.  I started packing our hospital bags, but I probably should finish that task. 
Cravings:  Still no cravings!  I am the world’s most BORING pregnant woman!
Symptoms:  The numbness in my hands has turned into arthritic feelings as well.  I’ll wake up in the middle of the night and won’t be able to bend my fingers.  That hopefully will go away quickly after the baby is born because how will I change a diaper in the middle of the night with no finger movement!? 
I’ve recently developed cankles as well.  The “urban” dictionary defines cankles as a reference to a pair of legs that have no defined end of the calf area as well as no defined beginning of the ankle area.  Sexy!
Pictures: Another stellar hair-do!

No comments:

Post a Comment