Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week 35!

I'm such a slacker, but here it is finally!  It feels like life is getting crazy!  Justin has decided to take a new job and he starts September 12th!  He will be working as an outside sales rep and although he has never done this type of work, I’m more than positive that he will do great.  I mean anyone who knows Justin, knows he is outgoing, personable and can pretty much make conversation with anyone!  I’m really proud of him that he decided to jump into this new venture…especially at this time in our lives.  Our September & October will definitely not be boring! 
I am counting down the weeks and every night when I wake up for a run to the bathroom, I wonder if this will be the night.  I don’t know why I think I will go into labor during the nighttime, but that seems to be stuck in my head.  I’m still working and plan to until the doctor says I can’t or until the baby is born.  I pretty much sit at a desk all day so it isn’t very strenuous and if I really don’t want to move I have 3 family members I can boss around!  Onto the weekly update!
Baby's Size: The baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 ¼ pounds – pick up a honeydew melon. Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
My Weight:  On September 2nd I had a doctor appointment and I had gained another 6.2 lbs, in just 2 short weeks!  Yeesh!  I’m now at the point where I’ll be headed to the doctors every week, so that should be even more depressing.  I am hoping that the weight gain will start to level off because the more I gain, the more I’ll have to eventually lose!
Maternity Clothes:  No more maternity clothes…there is just no reason to buy anything else at this point.  I can just wear the things I have til the end!
Movement:  There is still a ton of movement going on.  She sometimes seems angry that she is in there and is trying to get out through my belly button!  It isn’t the most pleasant feeling, but I do love watching my belly roll around. 
Sleep:  I’m still struggling getting to sleep.  I have to sit in an upright position with tons of pillows and even then, it’s tough to fall asleep.  Brinkley is no longer sleeping in bed with us thanks to a huge comfy bed we bought her.  This helps a little, but I kind of miss her snuggling with us!    
What I miss: Right now I miss being able to put lotion on my legs without it hurting my stomach.  Justin has become my lotion applier, but I’m pretty sure he can’t wait for me to be able to do this myself again!
Best Moment this week: There wasn’t anything too exciting that went on this past week.  We ran more errands for nursery items and I think I can comfortably say we are ready to roll!  There are little things we need to do, but I have been very indecisive with what items I want on the nursery walls.  We were originally going to buy a big tree decal for the wall, but now I think it is too “busy” for the bedding pattern.  The room is really small and I just don’t want it overwhelmed with this tree.  Now I am thinking about a pretty monogram for behind the crib.  Nothing too big, but just a little something.  I wanted shelving units, but I can’t seem to find the right color to match the furniture.  I know it won’t match perfectly, but I don’t want a huge contrast either.  Decisions, decisions!
Looking forward to:  Meeting Baby C!  I am just very ready at this point to not be pregnant…I feel like I shouldn’t complain because we wanted this so badly for so long, but I am just seriously uncomfortable a lot of the time.  I realize I probably have at least 5 weeks still, but a girl can dream!
Cravings:  Still no cravings!  I guess this pregnancy will be without them.
Symptoms:  The numbness in my hands seems to be the most annoying symptom at the moment.  It is just the most bizarre feeling!
Pictures: It's amazing Justin stays with me when my hair continually looks this horrible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment