Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 31!

Baby's Size:  This week, the baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds – the equivalent of carrying around four navel oranges - and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. Also developing at an impressive clip: the baby's brain connections (she's got to make trillions of them!). She's now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. She's also putting in longer stretches of sleep, which is why I’m probably noticing more defined patterns of wakefulness (and movement) and rest (when she’s pretty still). At this point, we can still expect the baby to gain at least three to five pounds, possibly more, before we meet!
My Weight:  Well, I knew it’d happen, but all that pizza I ate while in NY helped me put on 4 lbs in just 2 short weeks!  At this point I have put on 20 additional pounds and it’s making me nervous when everything I am reading is saying that this week Baby C will have a growth spurt!  My next doctor’s appointment is scheduled for August 17th, so the fun in rising numbers will continue!
Maternity Clothes:  I think I am done buying clothes…unless the weather takes a major turn and I need warm clothes.  As of right now, it is still sooo hot here in Raleigh, so I’m good with what I have.
Movement:  There is still a lot of movement going on.  Whenever I have a stomach ache, she seems to kick it up a notch in the movement department which doesn’t help me out at all!
Sleep:  I’m slowly becoming more and more uncomfortable when sleeping.  All the doctors, books, websites, etc. tell you to sleep on your side when pregnant.  Well, I usually don’t mind this side position, but lately it feels like my hips are being put into a clamp and the pressure hurts!  Plus my appendages fall asleep very frequently so I have to deal with that…ok enough complaining!
What I miss: I don’t think I miss anything this week…we will see what happens later in the week though because I will get my Glucose test results back.  If I have failed this second test, I will need to tweak my diet a bit, which I am guessing will mean cutting down on my favorite thing…CARBS!
Best Moment this week: There were a lot of best moments of the week.  Getting the house re-organized was one.  Let me just say that I am pretty sure I have the BEST HUSBAND EVER!  He knows me too well and he knew I’d have a nervous breakdown if we didn’t start the organization process sooner then later.  He knew it wouldn’t be a fun weekend, but he didn’t mention how ridiculous I was even once!  We ran errands, exchanged things, bought new things and got the house in pretty good order for the moment. 
The second thing was that we started our Baby Classes on Saturday which was fun to do together.  There were lots of other couples ranging in age, but Justin & I managed to be the most immature couple.  I got the giggles bad and he didn’t help the situation.  I think it is good that we can joke about some of this stuff though because a lot of it makes me nervous to begin with!
Last but not least, washing all the bedding and setting it up!  It looks sooo pretty!

Looking forward to:  The 3D/4D Ultrasound Saturday!!!  I will post pics ASAP of Baby C after our appointment.
Cravings:  No new cravings…I have no imagination at all!
Symptoms:  I still have the same problems if you want to call it that…my rib ache has seemed to disappear, but hands have been getting numb more & more.  It is just a really weird feeling!
Pictures: I don’t know, I am looking pretty large in this pic!



Brinkley & her new bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment