Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 19!

Another week down! 
The baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. The baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom (about the size of a mango).  Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

I continue to feel really good.  I still get tired easily, but I enjoy resting & sleeping so that isn't really a problem!  I am 99.9% sure that I felt the baby moving around on Saturday night.  I was up way too late because Justin was out and about hanging with some old friends and all of a sudden I felt it.  It was about 1 am and when I tried to poke her into doing something else she declined.  Almost every night when I am heading to bed I feel movement, but I never know if it's just my tummy or her moving around!!  I can't wait until I can actually decipher between the two!

Here's the 19 week pic...I changed it up a bit with a grey tank instead of black.  Basically I was too lazy to go upstairs and change!


I'm still crossing my fingers that my bridesmaid dress fits come Saturday!  The dress is a little tight, but I really don't want to have to look for another dress!  I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment