Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 18!

Today, we started off the day with breakfast for my mom for Mother's Day!  Amanda went and got all the groceries needed to make breakfast so everything was in full swing by the time Justin & I got there.  Justin decided he needed to try and make Eggs Benedict because he had just watched Tyler Florence make them on his show in an easier way then he was use to.  So we had two pans of veggies cooking (my Dad didn't want his mushrooms touching our peppers & onions), bacon, water boiling for the poaching of Justin's eggs and then scrambled eggs.  Everyone of course wanted some different variation of what was being cooked.  To top it off I brought Raisin bread to toast, yummy!  I am really loving my carbs right now but have to be very very careful the next 2 weeks because I really need to fit into my bridesmaid dress for Amanda's wedding!! 
It was a good breakfast and after we all got to talk to my Grandma and wish her a happy Mother's Day!  I received a few texts messages from friends wishing me a happy mother's day, but the two text messages that stuck out were the ones from Justin's brothers, Adam & Gannon.  They both texted me something sweet and whether or not it was prompted by my mother-in-law (most likely!) it was still very nice of them.  We got to wish Justin's mom a happy mother's day before she went off to watch Justin's cousin dance in a competition basically all day long!  They have this competition every year and every year she is there to cheer his cousin on...she's a good mommy & aunt!
As for baby news...I am officially 18 weeks pregnant!


Apparently, the baby is getting ready to bust a move. She now may be large enough for me to feel her twisting, rolling, kicking, and punching her way around the womb. I have yet to feel anything as of yet, but I am excited for this!   

Head to rump, the baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and she officially weighs about 7 ounces. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. Since we now know we are having a girl, we know that her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place.

I'm still feeling really good.  I still get tired quickly, but what can you do!?  My precious little pup will always curl up and nap with me!


Have a great week!
~Steph~

No comments:

Post a Comment