Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

38 Weeks, Baby #2

We are exactly 9 days away from our C-section and a week away from being considered full term with nearly fully functioning organs.  Her brain and nervous system will continue to develop well into childhood and into her teen years.  She is about 19.75 inches and around 6.8 lbs.  Before my pregnancy my uterus weighed only 2 ounces, but by now it has stretched large enough to hold a baby and weighs around 2 ½ lbs!  I am certainly feeling the weight.  It takes a lot out of me just walking to and from places…I lose my breathe easily!  At night, this little one seems to be most active.  Anywhere from 9 pm to 11 pm, she is all over the place.  It’s really hard to go to sleep while she’s doing that, even when I am exhausted.

This past weekend we had our Big Sister/Big Brother tour at Rex Hospital.  Addison did great with everything.  We watched a movie about becoming a big sibling, took a tour of the maternity wing, went to the nursery and held a baby doll gently.  After the tour, Justin & I showed her the cafeteria and the gift shop because she was interested in that as well!  It was a little overwhelming for her I think because she was all over the board once we got home, but she really did well.  She asked if she could buy her baby sister something, so that night we took her to Target and she picked out a little monkey baby toy.  We wrapped it up and she is so proud of herself.  She is going to be a great big sister and she’s counting down the days like the rest of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment