Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Week 31, Baby #2

This week the baby is gaining more weight as baby fat is filling in underneath her skin. Her color is also becoming less red and pinker in color.  By now, her irises can dilate and respond to changes in light.  She’s about 16.25 inches long, which is about the size of 4 navel oranges.  She weighs in around 3.3 lbs.  
Last week at my 30 week appointment, they measured me and I am back on the “normal” track.  I measured in right at 30 weeks.  I had my gestational diabetes appointment yesterday and learned all about counting carbs and keeping my blood sugar level low.  I got a lovely glucometer device, which I have to use 4 times a day…meaning I draw blood, 4 times a day!  I am hoping with a change in my diet, things can start to level out and I won’t need to take medicine or do insulin shots.

We had a very long 4 day weekend.  We celebrated Thanksgiving, took out our Christmas decorations, bought a Christmas tree and continued to fix the nursery.  Our tree only fell twice before we learned it needed some extra support at the base!  Our Elf on the Shelf come out and this is the 1st year Addison “gets it”.  It is so fun to see her so excited every morning.  She wakes up and immediately wants to go see if the Elf moved.  She first named him Jack…then switched it to Mark.  I don’t care what we call him, it’s just a fun thing to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment