Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Week 28, Baby #2

I'm officially welcomed into the third trimester!  I'm also officially terrified!  I just received a phone call from the doctors office to say I have failed the 1-hour glucose test.  Your score should be under 140 and I was at 181.  I am scheduled for a 3-hour glucose test next week to see what's up.  I have an ultrasound today as luck may have it because I am measuring large for 28 weeks.  They want to check the fluids surrounding the baby and see if they can measure her to get a better idea of her size.  As of yesterday's appointment, we set the delivery date to January 27, 2017!!  Kind of exciting, kind of scary!  I feel like there is soo much to do with so little time!  I'm still trying to pace myself, but with the holidays coming up, I have gotten stressed easily and want to fit everything in sooner than later!
The baby's size according to my pregnancy app is 14.8 inches or the size of Chinese cabbage (whatever that is!), weighing in at around 2.25 lbs.  This probably is on the low side of what the baby is, but we will see after my appointment!  Her brain is developing more tissue and has formed grooves on the surface.  It is also likely she has developed a more regular sleep schedule in 20 to 30 minute intervals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment