Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Thursday, December 15, 2011

2 Months Old!

SLEEPING
Addy is doing pretty good during the night.  She usually goes down for bed around 9pm.  Sometimes she is quick to fall asleep sometimes she needs help falling asleep.  At this point it is all about the 3 B’s: Bath, Bottle, and Bed.  I have gotten her into a routine which I think makes for a better evening.  I usually start with her bath around 8 which leads into her bottle around 8:30 and then lights out by 9.
EATING
She eats like a champ.  During the day I like to give her a bottle, then play for a bit then put her down for a nap.  This routine seems to work pretty good on most days.  If she acts hungry when it isn’t “time” for a bottle, I obviously give the girl what she wants!  She is averaging anywhere from 20 – 25 ounces of formula a day.
CLOTHING
My little baby doesn’t fit in NB clothes anymore!  She pretty much wears 3 month old clothing all the time now.  I feel like I didn’t even have time for her to wear all of her cute NB outfits!
STATS
Weight: 12lbs 2oz (70th percentile)
Height: 23 inches (75th percentile)
Head: 50th percentile
Loves: Bathtime, watching Brinkley, cuddling, being held, swinging in her swing, listening to daddy talk on his phone, lying on her changing table, chilling in her Boppy.
Hates: Laying flat on her back for too long a period of time, not preparing her bottle quick enough in the middle of the night when she is ravenously hungry!
OTHER
Addy is super chatty lately!  Listening to her chat away makes me want to cry because I think it is just the prettiest sound ever!  She likes to stick her tongue out a lot and has started to blow bubbles.  She hasn’t quite mastered getting her hands to stay in her mouth, but she is always attempting this.  She holds her head up really well and likes to be in a sit up position.  She smiles all the time and I have heard a few giggles…they are very soft so I am looking forward when she will really gets into it.
I just went back to work this past Monday and the week has been interesting.  I have to wake up around 6:30 still so I can get my shower in before Justin leaves for work and Addy wakes up.  I have from about 7am to 12:30pm to fit in 3 hours of work.  Some of the days, Addy was an angel and took a long nap allowing me to work without interruption.  Other days she took short hour naps here and there which meant me fitting in work here and there.  My mom then heads to my house so I can go into the office from 1:30pm to 4:30pm.  This is just a temporary schedule because in January Justin’s mom will be moving in with us for about 6 weeks to be our “nanny”.  Once that 6 weeks is up, back to the drawing board!  It looks like Addy will go to daycare for about 25 hours a week and my mother and I will work our schedules out to make sure one of us has her because we will both have to clock 30 hours at work.  It might be a little crazy, but we are willing to be crazy for her!


No comments:

Post a Comment