Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Friday, July 28, 2017

July 2017

Another fun month!  I can’t believe that we’ve been a family of 4 for ½ a year now!  It seems crazy to me!  We’ve had our ups & downs, but we seem to be doing pretty well!  Usually we parent man-to-man, which seems to make life a little easier.
Hailey is blossoming right before our eyes…she has started to say da-da and possibly Ad-Da (which Addy thinks is Addy – haha).  If it makes her happy, then that’s all that matters.  Hailey is starting to be able to sit-up on her own while being slightly assisted.  It’s easiest if she has someone sitting behind her or the boppy is behind her.  She has done a few face flops, but she really likes to be in the sitting position, in fact, she gets slightly annoyed if you lay her down!  When she is on her tummy, she lifts her head up so high and tries to move and reach for things.  She hasn’t really gotten the concept of her legs moving to help her out though.  I predict she’ll be crawling in no time though.  
Since Hailey had her first ear infection, I decided to introduce her to my chiropractor.  I had read some things on this helping infants with ear problems and I really don’t want to get to the point where she might need tubes.  I’m hoping this will help with whatever ear issues she may have had and keep her off any medications!
Hailey was baptized on Saturday, July 22nd with Gannon and Shelly as her god-parents.  It was a low-key day and I actually ended up getting some stomach bug that Justin had a few days prior.  I was out of it for most of the day, so thankfully Justin had his parents in town to help with the girls.  To make life more fun, Hailey started making some weird wheezing noise around 6pm that same night.  She would make the noise when on her back and getting her diaper changed.  It freaked me out completely so Justin & his dad got everything together and headed to an urgent care walk-in.  It was a very weird experience for me to stay home and not take her to the doctors…I felt so helpless but I still wasn’t out of the woods from being sick.  Everything went well and it ended up being just a cold, but I was glad she got the once over.  Justin apparently had to hold her down while they checked her over and she wasn’t a happy camper, so, better him than me!  They got home with her, I changed her into her jammies and she fell asleep pretty quickly.  
Sleeping – We are making progress!  Hailey starts the night off in her room in her crib, she wakes usually only once which is when we give her a bottle and then throw her back in her chair in our room.  We really do this out of pure exhaustion and laziness!  She probably would be just fine heading back into her crib after that bottle.  We will be testing this theory soon.  She’s going to need to be used to it because that’s what she’ll be doing when we head to the beach in the middle of August.  Baby-steps!
Eating – she is still eating about 5 oz. of formula every 2-3 hours give or take.  She has tasted a ton of foods!  We have tried and liked: pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots, peaches, squash, green beans and prunes.  The only food she hasn’t seemed to like are peas.  At her 6 month appointment I’m going to ask if we are allowed to move to the “step 2” foods…they have a few more combinations and options than what she is eating now.  She is eating one jar at school during the day and one at dinner time around when we eat.  She’s such a big girl eating at the table with us in her highchair.  It seems like yesterday where Justin and I were eating in shifts, taking turns holding her!
Clothing – Hailey is wearing 6 & 9 month tops and mostly 12 month bottoms.  She’s pretty long, so I feel like 9 months is just more comfy for her.  She wears 9 month pj’s and I love it when she wears some of Addy’s old pj’s…so cute!  We just went up to a size 3 in diapers.  She still hasn’t worn any shoes, so I have no idea what size her feet are.  Her feet do seem bigger than Addy’s did at this age, but I could be remembering incorrectly.
Stats – I don’t have her exact stats, but I do know she weighed a little over 17 lbs at her urgent care appointment.
Loves – she loves smiling, it’s her favorite.  She loves watching both her human sis and fur sis.  She has a hard time concentrating on a bottle if they are walking around or making noise.  She loves bath time still.  Recently she’s been sitting on Addy’s lap to splash and play a little before I take her out.
Hates – not much I can think of!  She’s generally a happy girl!  She likes to be held and gets annoyed when you put her down…spoiled, but I don’t care!

























No comments:

Post a Comment