Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Friday, February 17, 2012

4 Month Checkup

STATS
Weight: 14lbs 13.5oz (60th percentile)
Height: 25 inches (75th percentile)
Head: 42cm (85th percentile)

Addy’s doctor appointment went really well.  She is such a good baby and was chatting away with Dr. Sarah.  I of course had been dreading the shots, but she literally only cried for less then 10 seconds and was over it.  She had 3 shots; 2 in one leg and 1 in the other leg.  My mother came with me to her appointment because I was sure Addy would be crying again which in turn makes me cry.  I needed my mommy!!  It’s also nice to have an extra set of ears because sometimes I leave the doctor’s office and forget everything they’ve said.  Oops!
Dr. Sarah was very happy with her progress and said we could start introducing some solid food.  Probably sometime this coming weekend we are going to try some rice cereal!  If she likes them, great…if not, they said wait one week and try again.  It isn’t completely necessary to give her solids until 6 months, so there is no real rush.  Justin & I are basically trying to cut down on “middle-of-the-night” feedings and want to see if some solid food will help.  Dr. Sarah this is an old wives tale, but sometimes when so many people believe it works, there might be something to it!  It never hurts to try!
Addison
still hasn’t rolled over yet and seems to have stopped caring to do so.  For awhile, she seemed adamant about doing it, but now just seems content lying on her back.  When she is on her back, her legs are constantly moving.  Once she learns how to crawl or walk, I think we are going to have an active one on our hands! 
Addy is enjoying spending time in her Bumbo with the tray attached.  She has been sitting in it while we eat dinner lately which is nice…Justin & I can eat at the same time!  Addy still loves bath time and I can’t wait to get her little body in a pool this summer!  My parents are currently planning a trip to Texas to see my Grandma, Aunt and her family in April.  My Aunt has a pool so I am hoping it will be warm enough to give it a try when we are there.  I am beyond excited that my parents, sisters, Addy & I will be headed to Texas…I can’t wait for my Grandma to meet her great granddaughter!!
Oh...last but not least, the doctor did confirm that Addy is indeed teething!  It seems early for it, but her gums are swollen and you can see a little nub under the skin!










No comments:

Post a Comment