Happy Girls!

Happy Girls!
April 2019

Friday, February 18, 2011

First Doc Appt.


We strategically set up our first official appointment for February 18th. Justin's parents were arriving into town late that night and we wanted to be able to tell all 4 parents together. We were hoping that we would be able to see/hear a heartbeat, which would make telling our parents that much better. We were in luck! They did an ultrasound and were able to pick up the heartbeat! We didn't have sound, but you could see the little pulsing heart on the screen. The little heartbeat reminded me of the scene in ET, when he is packed away, but you can see his heart through the window and Elliot freaks out!! That was me! Once again Justin and I were amazed...we couldn't believe the turn of events and were soo excited to tell our family! The picture is of our little baby at just about 7 weeks, not much to see just yet!

Justin's parents got into town at about 1 am that night and it was so hard not to spill the details! I told Justin that if I was able to work with my parents and sister and not say anything, he would have to do so for 1 day. It seems impossible, but we did it. Saturday night we all met up at my parents to watch the UNC game and have dinner. It was the 4 parents, Amanda, Shelly, Justin and I. I was nervous, I couldn't contain myself any longer and was begging Justin to say something. Finally my mother brought up the shower she had just been to that day and it was a prefect lead-in EXCEPT Shelly had left the room to talk on her cell! Finally, she came back into the room and my mother said something else about the shower and Justin took his cue. I honestly don't remember much of what he said or what I said because I was crying and shaking. I do remember both mom's looking at me and just staring....I think they thought it was a joke, they looked like confused puppies with their heads tilted! After a few minutes, it had sunk in and hugs & kisses went all around! It was a GREAT night and will forever be thankful we could share our news with all the parents together.

No comments:

Post a Comment